- Data and Information Collected
To operate our website it is essential to collect or process certain data, such as the following:
- Information regarding your visits to our website, any resources you used such as traffic data, location data, weblogs, and any communication data (these items are included, but not limited to those specified).
- Forms filled out on our website allow us to collect information about you regarding registration.
- Any data collected from communications to us from you, for any reason.
It is possible that we may gather information regarding your computer for our services. This collection of data is used for statistical analysis about our website for use by us. Any information shared will not identify who you are, but rather be mathematical data about our visitors and their use on our site. The data does not give out any personal details. Cookies may be used to gather this general internet data. When used, cookies are downloaded to your computer. A cookie message prompt should appear like the one in sarawaktourism.com proper. The cookie file is stored on your hard drive, where files are transferred to. This information helps us improve our site and services to you. All computers can block cookies by activating proper browser settings. There is a place to enable you to decline cookies under the options menu. Please note if you decline cookies you may experience limited access to certain areas of our site.
- Information Use
Any information collected and stored regarding you is to enable us to offer better services to you. We may also use the data collected for the following:
- We may use data you provided in order to offer you information you asked for from out site, in direct relation to our services. We may also send information on services we feel might interest you, as long as you have consented to such communications.
- Any commitments we made to you may require use of your information, used only to fulfill your request.
- We may use your information to explain any changes our website has undergone such as structural or service modifications, which could affect our service to you.
- If you do not wish communication from our website you will be given the opportunity to decline said communication. Refer to clause 2.
- Personal Data Storage
- Data you provide us with will be stored on secure servers. Transaction will be encrypted for data security.
- Transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure, thus a guarantee of data sent electronically or transmitted cannot be given. Information offered is therefore at your own risk. If given a password or chosen to obtain a password, you can access the secure section, requiring the password to remain confidential by you, as your responsibility.
- Third Party Links
- Information Access