STB initiated its first Waste Management Programme with local hotels in efforts to promote Responsible Tourism. The initiative was launched by YB Datuk Haji Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Sarawak. It is a long-term partnership project with WormingUp Sdn. Bhd., to raise awareness about proper food waste management and reduce its disposal at landfills.
Six local hotel partners participated in the initiative, including the Hilton Hotel, Riverside Majestic, Merdeka Palace, Grand Dormani Rajah Court Hotel, Kuching Park, and UCSI Hotel. The initiative was further expanded to local restaurants, shopping malls in Kuching, and local communities (B40/registered homestays).
You May Also Like
- Rainforest World Music Festival & Borneo Jazz Festival
- #UrBins: Making Recycling Fashionable
- Ban on Single-Use Plastic Water Bottles
- Reducing Carbon Emissions and Upcycling Materials
- Tree Planting
- Greening Initiatives
- Volunteer & Green Ambassador
- Sustainable Procurement
- Waste Management Strategy
- Food Waste Composting