Aside from the initial planning process, RWMF considers sustainable sourcing in the supply chain by seeking alternatives and eco-friendly products. STB has also worked closely with food and beverage suppliers to choose biodegradable tableware rather than polystyrene plastic plates and cutlery.
Besides this, STB partnered with Canard Media Sdn. Bhd. to implement a biodegradable solution to waste generation at the Food Mart. All materials were procured from Malaysian businesses, either located in Kuala Lumpur or Kuching. The procured products and services include food waste management services, expertise, local recycling service, locally owned homestay, printing, workshops and more. By sourcing from local businesses to help support local businesses, local economic vitality reduces carbon footprint and saves energy.
You May Also Like
- Rainforest World Music Festival & Borneo Jazz Festival
- #UrBins: Making Recycling Fashionable
- Ban on Single-Use Plastic Water Bottles
- Reducing Carbon Emissions and Upcycling Materials
- Tree Planting
- Greening Initiatives
- Volunteer & Green Ambassador
- Waste Management Strategy
- Waste Management Initiatives
- Food Waste Composting